This page offers general instructions on fixing mirrors using methods we offer. Please note that they are general guides which are offered in good faith and in no way can we confirm suitability, durability of any particular location or situation or accept any liability of any kind.
Guidance on how to adhere a mirror vertically onto a wall using the Xtragrip brand. Each step is essential in ensuring it is fixed correctly. If you have any questions please donít hesitate in asking. Note: 1 tube fixes approx.1m2
Important - Check the mirror before fixing, as adhesive is a permanent so we cannot accept returns of any kind once it is adhered. Also if conceared about premature silvering corrosion we would advise protective foil backing, and it is very hare to remove once set. Steps
1. Cut two lengths of wood or similar material to the height of the bottom of the mirror (to use as a mechanical support).
2. Check mirror and ensure the back and wall is free from moisture and dirt.
3. Cut open the mirror adhesive & nozzle
4. Apply thick vertical beads the length of the mirror, about 60mm in from the edge and 60mm apart (see fig 1), using a sealant gun. Note: Ensure strips are thick enough to enable air to circulate through the back.
5. Position on wall and push firmly all over the whole surface.
6. Place the two wooden supports underneath, so the mirror is actually resting on them (see fig 2).
7. After 24-48 hours the adhesive should be set and the supports can be removed
Important: Clear polyethylene safety backed mirrors should not be fixed with adhesive. If wallpaper is present then this should be removed before fixing. Make sure no substance other than the adhesive comes in contact with the silvered back, as many substances can damage it. Moisture can also damage the silvered back so foil backing is advised in moist rooms (e.g. bathrooms, gyms, kitchens etc.), although never fix outside or in a location where the mirror comes in direct contact with water. Do not seal or block the air from circulating through the back, even in dry rooms (otherwise moisture will eventually get trapped and corrode the silvering) - For further information on fitting mirrors and warranty see our full information/gaurantee details available online or in shop. Remember mirror is a glass product and should always be handled with care. These instructions are designed for use with Xtragrip mirror adhesive, and to be used in conjunction with their guidance. If using another brand, we advise you to follow their instructions. Never adhere a mirror with anything other than mastic designed for adhering mirrors. We accept no any liability for loss or damage using these instrcutions.
Fixing Mirrors with Clips
Guidance on how to fix a mirror to a wall with Sliding Clips. Each step is essential in ensuring it is fixed correctly. If you have any questions please donít hesitate in asking.
Note: Extra washers, packers, or glass pads behind the mirror can be used for a tighter fit.
1. Measure and level the position of the bottom of mirror in the desired location.
2. At bottom level, mark off two points about 100mm -150mm in from edge of both sides (see fig 1).
3. Drill and plug the wall.
4. Screw in the two smaller fixed clips with protective plastic washer on the outside - Do Not Over-Tighten as this may break the plastic (see fig 2)
5. Offer up the mirror to enable measuring of the two larger sliding clips (approx 18mm from mirror edge) at sides or top (see fig 1).
6. Drill and plug the wall.
7. Screw in the two larger sliding clips with protective plastic washer on the outside - Do Not Over-Tighten as this may break the plastic (mirror side)
8. Place the mirror onto the fixed clips and flat to the wall. Then slide in the other two clips to hold into place.
Important: If fixing large or mirrors then safety backing is always advised and six or more clips should be used. Mirrors in critical locations (somewhere someone can fall into it) should also be safety backed. Adequate fixing is reliant on the person fitting obtaining a satisfactory fixing to the wall. If this isnít achieved then the mirror should not be fitted.
Note that the plastic washer is designed to keep the mirror slightly away from the wall (approx. 4mm to 5mm depending on oter washers used), this ensures good air circulation for prolonged mirror life, do not seal or block the air circulation. Extra washers can be used between the clip/plastic for a tighter fit, or packers can be used behind the mirror. For further information on fitting our mirrors and the gaurantee see details online or in shop. Remember mirror is a glass product and should always be handled with care. We accept no any liability for loss or damage using these instrcutions.
Ace Glass & Mirrors Offering; Single Glass, Double Glazed Units, Plain Mirrors, Bevelled Mirrors, Decorative Mirrors, Framed Mirrors, Glass Processing, UV Glass Bonding, Decorative Colour Leading, Windows, Doors, Secondary Glazing, Accessories, Fixings, Glazing/Fitting (in house only) + More.
Vat Number 884 2188 93